Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Making Jesus Famous

           I am a fan of statement shirts, and there was this statement shirt that said, "Making Jesus Famous". It captured my heart. It was a black shirt. I bought it right away. To me, it wasn't just a simple shirt, it became my mission statement. 



           I've been living for almost a quarter of a century now, and when I bought that shirt it dawned on me. It unearthed my purpose, the reason of my being. I can always brag about my achievements, but what for? Am I just really living to become rich and famous? Is that what life is all about? Then, a big part of me says, "I beg to differ." I may be the richest, most beautiful, and most famous person in the world, but will it satisfy my soul? I don't think so. There's nothing wrong with being rich, beautiful, and famous. But is it all what I'm here for? Is that it? A still small voice within me says, "No, it isn't." So, I've been searching all my life what I'm here for. Am I just part of a history that will be soon forgotten? Am I here to pursue my dreams? When I live my 'once-a-dream-life', what's next? What will happen to me? Do I still have to aim higher? If I did, what for? If I already had everything in the world, what would that make me? 


           When I looked at the shirt, it reminded me of the cross. It realigned my actions to my Divine purpose. My heart was yearning for something more in my life, and that More is Jesus Christ. I'm here to glorify God in everything that I do- great things or small. My security is in Christ alone. My restless soul will only be satisfied through Jesus Christ. He gave me His all. He loved me first. He accepted me. He believed in me when nobody did. He made me feel that I'm special. With all my imperfections, He loved me perfectly. I have all the reasons to make Him famous. 


             Following Jesus is simple but not easy. I just had to say yes, but it's not a flat surface all the time. I also walk on rocky roads. But it's been a great adventure with Him! My mission is not easy, but when I look at the cross, 'Making Jesus Famous' becomes worth everything of me. I want to see God face to face, and say, "Mission accomplished."
            

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Sis! God bless you abundantly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. During the quarter of my life, I was told we had to be alter Christus, ipse Christo (like Christ, Christ Himself!). Like what you said, it is simple but not easy. I totally agree. That is why this year 2012, I promised myself to follow Jesus every step of the way. Every week I would do something for Him which should become a reflection of what we wish others to see. They need to see Jesus through us. They need not see us. Only Jesus matters. He will matter to a lot of people. That is why I am very proud of you starting this wonderful blog. I believe a lot of people shall know Jesus more, love Jesus more, and serve Jesus more! I shall pray you get your 100 likes. Our Lord Jesus shall make sure that you shine for Him.

    ReplyDelete