Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Love at First Sight

            I was a young teenager, and a man told me that he’s in love with me. I was shocked, and perplexed. I asked myself, “How could you love me if I’m not even beautiful?” And so I thought. That was when I thought I was really ugly. I was so insecure, but this man was so certain that he’s in love with me.

            He kept on telling me that I’m pretty, but I didn’t bother to listen. I can’t see what he saw in me. I wasn’t good at relationships because I never succeeded in having one. Few days passed, and he’s still there. He pursued me, but I didn’t really have any intention of committing myself to him in a relationship. So, I neglected him. I thought this man was just really crazy or just infatuated with me. Months passed, and he’s still there waiting for me. I was looking for love in different places, but had not found it. Still, this same man was there. I can’t imagine how he endured with all the noes I’ve dropped. I thought he was just going crazy over me. I told myself, “He doesn’t really know what he’s entering into. He doesn’t even know me personally. Why would he say that he’s in love with me at first sight?” A year has passed, and I thought that maybe, he’s going to give up after all my rejections. He proved me wrong because he was still there. At the time, I wasn’t sure if I should say yes to this man who was still a stranger to me even after a year since that day he confessed his feelings for me. I wasn’t sure. So, I didn’t really care giving an ounce of attention. I continued living my own life without him. I did my own thing. I travelled different places. I enjoyed doing different kinds of stuff.
            A couple of years passed, and unexpectedly, this man was still there waiting for my yes. At the moment, I was laughing, “This man is insane!” Then, I told him, “Forget about me because I don’t have any plan of saying yes to you. Can’t you understand that?” With tears in his eyes he said, “Even if you don’t love me yet, I still love you, and will always love you. I love you with all of me. I will wait until that day that you will say yes to me.” That was so lovely if we only had the same feeling, but we did not. So, it was really awkward for me. I was silent. I didn’t know what to say. A part of me was guilty, and the other was somehow astounded. But because I wasn’t really sure, I didn’t make a decision yet.
            Three years passed, he was still there. Nothing has changed. I was still living my own life, and I still thought he was just really crazy. Four years passed, he was still there. I told him, “Don’t waste your time on me. You’re just going to get tired of waiting for my no.” This time, he was dead silent. I didn’t know what he really thought. I wasn’t sure if he was mad at me or numb after all the painful words I’ve said. I was just thinking of this man’s painful journey, but that’s it. I didn’t really care much.
            Another year has passed, I was a freshman in the university. I thought it was a new life for me. So, I still did my own thing. I enjoyed my life. The insecurities slightly faded in the background because I received praises from other people, and not just from that crazy man. “Oh, why am I including him in the picture? Maybe, I’m just really tired today.” I told myself. The next day, I saw him. Yes, the same man who was head over heels in love with me. “This is really insane!” So, I yelled at him, “Why are you following me? Can you just leave me alone?” He was dead silent. I wasn’t sure if he’s really listening or just didn’t want to show his true emotion at the moment. Then, I left.
            A few months passed, I had a boyfriend. I thought this crazy man will leave. To my surprise, he even pursued me  more. I didn’t really understand why. “Why in the world would this man still love me? I already have a boyfriend. He’s just making his life miserable.” So I talked to him, and said, “I already have a boyfriend, and with all due respect, just stay away from me.” I thought he’s going to be dead silent again, but he said, “Even if you don’t love me yet, I still love you, and will always love you. I love you with all of me. I will wait until that day that you will say yes to me.” So, I thought, “This is really going crazy.” I thought he’s going to be tired of me, but it was the other way around. I got tired of telling him the same thing over and over. So, I just let him be. It’s not my problem, anyway.
            Then, a day came that my relationship with my boyfriend ended. So, I moved on with my life. The man who was head over heels in love with me came up to me and said, “If you need anyone to talk to, I’m just here.” So, we talked, but that was just about it.
On my senior year in the university, I was in a relationship with a different man. He was in love with me, and so I was with him, too.  He was my prince. I was his princess. He was my world, and so I thought it was the perfect relationship I’ve ever had. I was really happy, and I thought he was the man I’ve been waiting for. Then, that fateful day came. He broke up with me. I was deeply wounded. My life was shattered. I cried buckets of tears. I had sleepless nights. Then, I got tired of my life. I didn’t know what to do. I even came to a point that I didn’t really care. I was numb at some point.
One afternoon, while I was walking around the bend in the university, the same man who was head over heels in love with me approached me, “Why are you looking for your family? They’re far away from you. Why are you looking for your friends? They have problems of their own to fix. Why are you still looking for your former boyfriend? He’s no longer with you. Why? Am I not enough for you?” Tears rolled down on my cheeks. I realized the love that I was looking for was in this man. I will always remember that afternoon. It was my defining moment. I was only 19 years old when I said yes to this man. It was the kind of love that the world could never equal. He told me this, “You’re right, I’m crazy! I’m crazy for you. I’m madly in love with you. You don’t see what I see. You think that I don’t know what I’m talking about. Well, you’re wrong because I know everything about you. I know your strengths and weaknesses. I know you have flaws, and I’m not expecting you to be perfect. I understand your mood swings. I know your dreams, and I’m here to support you all the way. I’ll be your cheerleader. People may have left and betrayed you, but I’m still here to show you that you’re worth-knowing, and I’m sticking with you. I’ll be your companion, your best friend, and your everything.” This time, I was dead silent. I was speechless. He continued, “You’re not convinced yet? Just look at the cross. I’ve stretched my arms, and died for you.” I’m sure, by now, you know the man I’m talking about. He is Jesus Christ. Yes, he’s crazy for you, too. He’s crazy enough to lay His own life for all of us.
              From that day on when I really meant my yes to Him, my heart was changed. My life was. I did. I'm more peaceful and happier now. My life is more exciting than before. And I pray the same thing for you. I pray that after reading this, you’ll be a different person.

2 comments:

  1. the greatest Love Story ever told indeed. -Gretchen Veran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gretch!:) Feel free to follow my blog.:) God bless you.:)

      Delete