Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Confession to Make


            Are you trying so hard to get the girl or man of your dreams? Have you ever come to a point where you begged or almost begged for love? Have you ever asked yourself why all this time you're not getting what you want in a relationship?

            Hmmm... I should know best. Why? I've been in that very same place where you are right now many times in my life. It almost seemed like that's where I'm destined to be or so I thought. I've been hurt and wounded, and it felt like there's no end to this cycle. I've been in a co-dependent relationship before. I thought that was all there is for me, but I was wrong. Then, one day my soul was awakened to a different truth which became my new reality and still is. I realized my heart is so wounded that it can't recognize what is best for me anymore. It accepts anything even trash. It's so desperate, and it even compromised anything that will give it a temporary relief. That's how badly wounded it was. So, I tried to find love in different places. I tried to suck love from family and friends, and it only made my soul restless. When I've finally come to my senses, I started my journey of healing through God. I've accepted my dark past and the worst me that came with it. I've understood that it was just a part of me and not the whole me. I came to realize that I have to love myself a lot, and I don't need somebody to make me happy because happiness is an inside job. I realized having a healthy romantic relationship can wait until I'm ready and so is that person. Singlehood is the perfect time to deepen my personal relationship with God, to spend more time with family especially my parents, to pursue my dreams, to be unstoppable for God, to bless the world with my core gifts, to meet new people, to reconnect with old friends, to travel and be a world nomad, to write and publish books, to be financially free, to live a healthy lifestyle, to inspire and empower countless people, to love His people unconditionally by serving them, and a lot more!

             Real love is never forced. You don't beg for it. It's freely given. It happens when you least expect it. There's more to life than spending so much time trying to figure out what could have been or why it didn't work out. If you are really meant for each other, God will orchestrate everything for you. You will know it when you find him or her.
             I'm happy to say that there's no other place I'd rather be than where I am right now- where God is. I feel so much love and peace in my heart. God renews my hope every morning. I enjoy and savor every moment I'm with Him. I'm happy now, and when the time comes that I'll meet my other half, my life partner, my destiny or whatever you call him, he'll be a bonus. I'll be happier then. I'm complete now even before we come as one.

              Friends, enjoy every second you're single because God placed you there for a very sacred reason. Find that reason in Christ. Have a meaningful and Christ-centered love month!:)


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Sis, esp. for showing your vulnerability. God loves you, and your friends do, too, but sometimes, not in the ways you expect them to. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome!:) May I know who's this?:)

    ReplyDelete