Nuffnang Ads

Friday, April 12, 2013

The Proposal


Have you ever been proposed to? How did it feel like? Was it simple or grand? Did it happen when you least expect it? Was it romantic? Was it your dream proposal?
Almost seven years ago, I said yes to a man. He pursued me for so long, and he persisted in spite of my rejections. So, I finally gave in. He’s a very fine man. I never heard him say anything that would hurt me. He’s very gentle. We date every single day. We are inseparable. He goes out of his way just to catch my attention. He’s very light to be with. He makes me smile and laugh so hard. He never misses any special occasions. He’s always there for me. He surprises me each time. I know that he’s a man of surprises, but I’m always delighted when he does that. Oh, I can’t complain.

There are times when he waits for me so patiently because I’m out working or spending time with my other friends, but he doesn’t really mind. I feel guilty at times because I can’t seem to equal his love for me. In hindsight, I gave in because he’s so persistent and he gave his best and all for me. But now, it’s different. I’ve made a decision to love him every single day because I do and not because he loves me, too. Perhaps, I have matured in many ways.

There are days when I hurt him with my words and my being indifferent. I thought I knew everything about relationships, but I’m afraid not. Sometimes, I am surprised because without me saying a word, he already has forgiven me. How can my heart not melt with that gesture?

I’m so in love with this man that I couldn’t think of leaving him, not even in my wildest dreams. So, I thought being with him is enough and it has already given me more than what I’ve dreamed and prayed for a man.

But something happened one late afternoon…

I was doing the same routine- keeping the house clean and making sure everything’s in order, when he did the unthinkable. He proposed to me. Not so romantic, right? Before he did his proposal, I was looking for something more. Something’s missing. I realized it when he proposed to me, “Apple, I don’t want to just get to know you, I want to marry you. I want to be with you forever. I want to hold your hands and never let go. I want to serve you. I want to remind you of how much I love you. If you fail to remember it and this proposal, just look at the greatest memento I have for you- the cross.”
So, who am I not to say yes? He has given me His all and the best of Him- Jesus Christ. So, I gladly accepted His proposal. I married Him by reading His word, going to mass daily, and aiming to live Christ every single day. I aim to live the gospel from that day onwards. That was the perfect proposal I’ve ever had- not romantic but full of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment